Established over 2 years in 1951-52, ¾ of the rootlings came from cuttings that were taken prior to the removal of the original vines, which were planted in the 1880’s. The remaining rootlings came from some of the first old vine selection made in the late 1940’s.
Planted North-South, the row width is 3.3m with vines spaced at 3m. There is a gradual slope from the North down to the South end with the Southern end of the block having more loamy soil. Pruned to the traditional Rod’n’spur with three canes on a single wire and 4-5 two bud spurs left per vine. Between 35-45 buds are left per vine.
The bunches are typically long and loose clustered with a medium berry size.
1270 Research Rd, Ebenezer SA 5355, Australia